Department of Management
Professor, Department of Management
Associate Dean (Research & Postgraduate Studies), School of Business; Head, Department of Management; Programme Director, MBA and MScBM; Associate Director, CHRSD
M.A. Lancaster, PhD Groningen
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Deng, H., Leung, K., Lam, Catherine K., & Huang, X. (2019). Slacking off in comfort: A dual-pathway model for psychological safety climate. Journal of Management, 45(3), 1114-1144.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., Bond, H. M., & Xu, E. (in press). Committing to work at the expense of other life pursuits: The consequence of individuals' relative centrality of work (RCW) across job types and nations differing in performance orientation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology.
- He, W., Hao, P., Huang, X., Long, L., Hiller, N., Shao-Long Li (2019). Different roles of shared and vertical leadership in promoting team creativity: Cultivating and synthesizing team members' individual creativity. Personnel Psychology.
- Huang, X., Chan, L., Xu, E., Lu, F., & Tai, K. (in press). Shadow of the prince: Parent-incumbents' coercive control over child-successors in family organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Ouyang, K., Liu, W., & Hu, S. (in press). Tactics of speaking up: The roles of issue importance, perceived managerial openness, and managers' positive mood. Human Resource Management.
- He, W., Zhou, R., Long, L., Huang, X., & Hao, P. (2018). Self-sacrificial leadership and followers' affiliative and challenging citizenship behaviors: A relational self-concept based study in China. Management and Organization Review, 14(1), 105-133.
- Ouyang, K., Xu, E., Huang, X., Liu, W., & Tang, Y. (2018). Reaching the limits of reciprocity in favor exchange: The effects of generous, stingy, and matched favor giving on social status. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(6), 614-630.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Huang, L., & Liu, W. (2018). Nonlinear consequences of promotive and prohibitive voice for managers' responses: The roles of voice frequency and LMX. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(10), 1101-1120.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2017). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2281-2302.
- Lam, C. K., Walter, F., & Huang, X. (2017). Supervisors' emotional exhaustion and abusive supervision: The moderating roles of perceived subordinate performance and supervisor self‐monitoring. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(8), 1151-1166.
- Tang, Y., Huang, X., & Wang, Y. (2017). Good marriage at home, creativity at work: Family–work enrichment effect on workplace creativity. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(5), 749-766.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., & Bond, M. H. (2016). Culture and the working life: Predicting the relative centrality of work across life domains for employed persons. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 47(2), 277-293.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., Walter, F., & Chan, Simon C. H. (2016). Coworkers' relationship quality and interpersonal emotions in team-member dyads in China: The moderating role of cooperative team goals. Management and Organization Review, 12(4), 687-716.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Chan, Simon C.H. (2015). The threshold effect of participative leadership and the role of leader information sharing. Academy of Management Journal, 58(3), 836-855.
- Zhang, Y., Long, L., Wu, T., & Huang, X. (2015). When is pay for performance related to employee creativity in the Chinese context? The role of guanxi HRM practice, trust in management, and intrinsic motivation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(5), 698-719.