Department of Management
Chair Professor, Department of Management
Associate Dean (Research & Postgraduate Studies), School of Business; Programme Director, MBA and MScBM; Director, CHRSD
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Tang, Y., Lam, C., Ouyang, K., Huang, X., & Tse, H. (2022). Comparisons draw us close: The influence of leader-member exchange dyadic comparison on coworker exchange. Personnel Psychology, 75(1), 215-240.
- Lu, F., Huang, X., Xu, H., Chung, C., & He, X. (in press). Instrumental love: Political marriage and family firm growth. Management and Organization Review.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Robinson, S., & Ouyang, K. (2022). Loving or loathing? A power-dependency explanation for narcissists' social acceptance in the workplace. Journal of Organizational Behavior.
- Zheng, Y., Graham, L., Farh, J., & Huang, X. (2021). The Impact of Authoritarian Leadership on Ethical Voice: A Moderated Mediation Model of Felt Uncertainty and Leader Benevolence. Journal of Business Ethics, 170(1), 133-146.
- Tang, Y., Xu, E., Huang, X., & Pu, X. (in press). When can display of authenticity at work facilitate coworker interactions? The moderating effect of perception of organizational politics. Human Relations.
- He, W., Hao, P., Huang, X., Long, L., Hiller, Nathan J., Li, S. (2020). Different roles of shared and vertical leadership in promoting team creativity: Cultivating and synthesizing team members' individual creativity. Personnel Psychology, 73(1), 199-225.
- Huang, X., Chen, L., Xu, E., Lu, F., & Tam, K. (2020). Shadow of the prince: Parentincumbents' coercive control over child-successors in family organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly, 65(3), 710-750.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Ouyang, K., Liu, W., & Hu, S. (2020). Tactics of speaking up: The roles of issue importance, perceived managerial openness, and managers' positive mood. Human Resource Management, 59(3), 255-269.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Jia, R., Xu, J., Liu, W., Graham, L., & Snape, E. (2020). The 'Evil Pleasure': Abusive Supervision and Third-Party Observers' Malicious Reactions Toward Victims. Organization Science, 31(5), 1053-1312.
- Zhang, Y., Huang, X., Graham, L., Redman, T., Hu, S., Li, S. (2020). Deterrence Effects: The Role of Authoritarian Leadership in Controlling Employee Workplace Deviance. Management and Organization Review, 16(2), 377-404.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., Bond, Michael H., & Xu, E. (2019). Committing to work at the expense of other life pursuits: The consequence of individuals' relative centrality of work (RCW) across job types and nations differing in performance orientation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 50(7), 848-869.
- Deng, H., Leung, K., Lam, Catherine K., & Huang, X. (2019). Slacking off in comfort: A dual-pathway model for psychological safety climate. Journal of Management, 45(3), 1114-1144.
- Huang, X. (2019). The Price of Science: MOR's Organization Behavior Editorial Area. Management and Organization Review, 15(1), 207-210.
- He, W., Zhou, R., Long, L., Huang, X., & Hao, P. (2018). Self-sacrificial leadership and followers' affiliative and challenging citizenship behaviors: A relational self-concept based study in China. Management and Organization Review, 14(1), 105-133.
- Ouyang, K., Xu, E., Huang, X., Liu, W., & Tang, Y. (2018). Reaching the limits of reciprocity in favor exchange: The effects of generous, stingy, and matched favor giving on social status. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(6), 614-630.