Department of Management
Chair Professor, Department of Management
Associate Dean (Research & Postgraduate Studies), School of Business; Head, Department of Management; Programme Director, MBA and MScBM; Director, CHRSD
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- He, W., Hao, P., Huang, X., Long, L., Hiller, Nathan J., Li, S. (2020). Different roles of shared and vertical leadership in promoting team creativity: Cultivating and synthesizing team members' individual creativity. Personnel Psychology, 73(1), 199-225.
- Huang, X., Chen, L., Xu, E., Lu, F., & Tai, K. (2020). Shadow of the prince: Parent-incumbents' coercive control over child-successors in family organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly, 65(3), 710-750.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Ouyang, K., Liu, W., & Hu, S. (2020). Tactics of speaking up: The roles of issue importance, perceived managerial openness, and managers' positive mood. Human Resource Management, 59(3), 255-269.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Jia, R., Xu, J., Liu, W., Graham, L., & Snape, E. (2020). The "Evil Pleasure": Abusive Supervision and Third-Party Observers' Malicious Reactions Toward Victims. Organization Science, 31(5), 1053-1312.
- Zhang, Y., Huang, X., Graham, L., Redman, T., Hu, S., Li, S. (2020). Deterrence Effects: The Role of Authoritarian Leadership in Controlling Employee Workplace Deviance. Management and Organization Review, 16(2), 377-404.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., Bond, Michael H., & Xu, E. (2019). Committing to work at the expense of other life pursuits: The consequence of individuals' relative centrality of work (RCW) across job types and nations differing in performance orientation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 50(7), 848-869.
- Deng, H., Leung, K., Lam, Catherine K., & Huang, X. (2019). Slacking off in comfort: A dual-pathway model for psychological safety climate. Journal of Management, 45(3), 1114-1144.
- Huang, X. (2019). The Price of Science: MOR's Organization Behavior Editorial Area. Management and Organization Review, 15(1), 207-210.
- Zheng, Y., Graham, L., Farh, J., & Huang, X. (2019). The Impact of Authoritarian Leadership on Ethical Voice: A Moderated Mediation Model of Felt Uncertainty and Leader Benevolence. Journal of Business Ethics.
- He, W., Zhou, R., Long, L., Huang, X., & Hao, P. (2018). Self-sacrificial leadership and followers' affiliative and challenging citizenship behaviors: A relational self-concept based study in China. Management and Organization Review, 14(1), 105-133.
- Ouyang, K., Xu, E., Huang, X., Liu, W., & Tang, Y. (2018). Reaching the limits of reciprocity in favor exchange: The effects of generous, stingy, and matched favor giving on social status. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(6), 614-630.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Huang, L., & Liu, W. (2018). Nonlinear consequences of promotive and prohibitive voice for managers' responses: The roles of voice frequency and LMX. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(10), 1101-1120.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2017). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2281-2302.
- Lam, C. K., Walter, F., & Huang, X. (2017). Supervisors' emotional exhaustion and abusive supervision: The moderating roles of perceived subordinate performance and supervisor self‐monitoring. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(8), 1151-1166.
- Tang, Y., Huang, X., & Wang, Y. (2017). Good marriage at home, creativity at work: Family–work enrichment effect on workplace creativity. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(5), 749-766.