Department of Management
Professor, Department of Management
Associate Director, Doctor of Business Administration
Strategic Human Resources Management, Top Management Teams, Chinese Management, International/Cross-cultural Management
- Tian, L., Yang, J., & Wei, L. (2019). Speed to legal registration and nascent venture performance: A temporal dilemma for nascent entrepreneurs in an emerging economy. Journal of Small Business Management, 57(2), 476-495.
- Tang, G., Yu, B., Chen, Y., & Wei, L. (2019). Unpacking the mechanism linking market orientation and corporate entrepreneurship: The mediating role of human resource management strength. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 36(3), 593–614.
- Filatotchev, I., Wei, L., Sarala, R. M., Dick, P., & Prescott, J. E. (2019). Connecting Eastern and Western Perspectives on Management: Translation of Practices Across Organizations, Institution and Geographies. Journal of Management Studies.
- Cheung, S., Huang, E., Chang, S., & Wei, L. (in press). Does being mindful make people more creative at work? The role of creative process engagement and perceived leader humility. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Zhang, F., Wei, L., Sun, H., & Tung, L. (2019). How entrepreneurial learning impacts one's intention towards entrepreneurship: A planned behavior approach. Chinese Management Studies.
- Zhang, F., Wei, L., Yang, J., & Zhu, L. (2018). Roles of Relationships Between Large Shareholders and Managers in Radical Innovation: A Stewardship Theory Perspective. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35(1), 88-105.
- Van Ecsh, E., Wei, L., & Chiang, Flora F. T. (2018). High-performance human resource practices and firm performance: The mediating role of employees' competencies and the moderating role of climate for creativity. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29(10), 1683-1708.
- Zhang, F., Wei, L., Sun, H., & Zhu, L. (in press). Shareholder involvement and firm innovation performance: Empirical evidence from Chinese firms. Chinese Management Studies.
- Zhang, J., & Wei, L. (2015). From Family Business Management to Professional Management in a Time-Honored Brand: The Case of Fu Yuan Guan. Frontiers of Business Research in China, 9(1), 91-109.
- Wei, L., & Ling, Y. (2015). CEO characteristics and corporate entrepreneurship in transition economies: Evidence from China. Journal of Business Research, 68(6), 1157-1165.
- Qiao, K., Wang, X., & Wei, L. (2015). Determinants of high-performance work systems in small and medium-sized private enterprises in China. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, 53(2), 185-203.
- Ling, Y., Wei, L., Klimoski, Richard J., & Wu, L. (2015). Benefiting from CEOs' empowerment of TMTs: Does CEO-TMT dissimilarity matter. Leadership Quarterly, 26(6), 1066-1079.
- Tang, G., Wei, L., Snape, E., & Ng, Y. (2015). How effective human resource management promotes corporate entrepreneurship: evidence from China. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 26(12), 1586 -1601.
- Wei, L., Chen, D., Young, Michael N., & Wang, X. (2014). Which CEOs are more likely to be fired in China? Demographic characteristics as an antecedent. SAM Advanced Management Journal, 79(3), 37.
- Yang, J., & Wei, L. (2013). Influence of CEO Demography on Entrepreneurial Orientation: The Moderating Role of Competitive Intensity. Frontiers of Business Research in China, 7(3), 356-381.