Department of Management
Associate Professor, Department of Management
Head, Department of Management
Strategic Human Resource Management; International Human Resource Management, Innovation and Creativity, Managerial Attention, Cross-cultural Management and Hospitality Management
- Leung, W., Yao, F., Gong, Y., & Chang, S. (2022). Does firm diversity-enhancement program bundle matter? Firm performance dimensions, employee ownership program, and environmental technological opportunity. International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Mao, J., Chang, S., Gong, Y., & Xie, J. (2021). Team job‐related anxiety and creativity: Investigating team‐level and cross‐level moderated curvilinear relationships. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 42(1), 34-47.
- Chang, S., Leung, W., Yao, F., & Gong, Y. (2021). Firm employee relations system and financial performance: Unfolding the dual-causal relationship and the associated temporal and resource boundary conditions. International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Cheung, S., Huang, E., Chang, S., & Wei, L. (2020). Does being mindful make people more creative at work? The role of creative process engagement and perceived leader humility. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 159, 39-48.
- Yao, K. F., Jiang, K., Combs, D. R., & Chang, S. (2020). Informal institutions and absorptive capacity: A cross-country meta-analytic study. Journal of International Business Studies.
- Chang, S., Way, Sean A., & Cheng, H.K. D. (2018). The Elicitation of Frontline, Customer-Contact, Hotel Employee Innovative Behavior: Illuminating the Central Roles of Readiness for Change and Absorptive Capacity. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 59(3), 228-238.
- Yao, K. F., & Chang, S. (2017). Do individual employees' learning goal orientation and civic virtue matter? A micro-foundations perspective on firm absorptive capacity. Strategic Management Journal, 38, 2041-2060.
- Walsh, K., Chang, S., & Tse, E. (2015). Understanding students' intentions to join the hospitality industry: The role of emotional intelligence, service orientation, and industry satisfaction. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 56(4), 369 - 382.
- Way, Sean A., Tracey, J., Fay, Charles H., Wright, Patrick M., Snell, Scott A., Chang, S., Gong, Y. (2015). Validation of a multi-dimensional HR flexibility measure. Journal of Management, 41(4), 1098-1131.
- Chang, S., & Tse, E. (2015). Understanding the initial career decisions of hospitality graduates in Hong Kong: Quantitative and qualitative evidence. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 39(1), 57-74.
- Chang, S., Jia, L., Takeuchi, R., & Cai, Y. (2014). Do High-Commitment work systems affect creativity? A multilevel combinational approach to employee creativity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(4), 665-680.
- Gong, Y., Zhou, J., & Chang, S. (2013). Core knowledge employee creativity and firm performance: The moderating role of riskiness orientation, firm size, and realized absorptive capacity. Personnel Psychology, 66(2), 443-482.
- Chang, S., Gong, Y., Way, Sean A., & Jia, L. (2013). Flexibility-oriented HRM systems, absorptive capacity, market responsiveness and firm innovativeness. Journal of Management, 39(7), 1924-1951.
- Chang, S., Gong, Y., & Shum, C. (2011). Promoting innovation in hospitality companies through human resource management practices. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(4), 812-818.
- Gong, Y., Chang, S., & Cheung, S. (2010). High performance work system and collective OCB: A collective social exchange perspective. Human Resource Management, 20(2), 119-137.