Department of Management
Dr. Emily G. Huang 黃國華 博士
Associate Professor, Department of Management
Programme Director, Master of Human Resources Management
Emotion in Organisations, Self-concept at Workplace, Job Insecurity, Human Resources Development
- Huang, G., Zhang, Y., Zhang, X., & Long, L. (2021). Job insecurity, commitment and proactivity towards the organization and one's career: Age as a condition. Human Resource Management Journal, 31(2), 532-552.
- Gardner, D., Huang, G., Pierce, J., Niu, X., & Lee, C. (in press). Not Just for Newcomers: Organizational Socialization, Employee Adjustment and Experience, and Growth in Organization-based Self-esteem. Human Resource Development Quarterly.
- Cheung, S., Huang, E., Chang, S., & Wei, L. (2020). Does being mindful make people more creative at work? The role of creative process engagement and perceived leader humility. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 159, 39-48.
- Ng, V., Huang, G., & Young, Michael N. (2019). Should I stay or should I go? Understanding employees' decisions to leave after mergers in Hong Kong's banking industry. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 36(4), 1023-1051.
- Lee, C., Huang, G., & Ashford, S. J. (2018). Job Insecurity and the Changing Workplace: Recent Developments and the Future Trends in Job Insecurity. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 5, 335-359.
- Huang, G., Wellman, N., Ashford, Susan J., Lee, C., & Wang, L. (2017). Deviance and exit: The organizational costs of job insecurity and moral disengagement. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(1), 26-42.
- Law, Kenneth S., Wong, C., Yan, M., & Huang, G. (2016). Asian researchers should be more critical: The example of testing mediators using time-lagged data. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 33(2), 319-341.
- Gardner, Donald G., Huang, G., Niu, X., Pierce, Jon L., & Lee, C. (2015). Organization-based self-esteem, psychological contract fulfillment, and perceived employment opportunities: A test of self-regulatory theory. Human Resource Management, 54(6), 933-953.
- Huang, G., Zhao, H., Niu, X., Ashford, Susan J., & Lee, C. (2013). Reducing Job Insecurity and Increasing Performance Ratings: Does Impression Management Matter?. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98(5), 852 - 862.
- Huang, G., Niu, X., Lee, C., & Ashford, S. (2012). Differentiating, cognitive and affective job insecurity : Antecedents and outcomes. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33(6), 752-769.
- Cheng, T., Huang, G., Lee, C., & Ren, X. (2012). Longitudinal Effects of Job Insecurity on Employee Outcomes: The Moderating Role of Emotional Intelligence and the Leader-Member Exchange. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 29(3), 709-728.
- Huang, G., Lee, C., Ashford, S., Chen, Z., & Ren, X. (2009). Affective Job Insecurity: A Mediator of the Cognitive Job Insecurity - Employee Outcomes Relationships. International Studies of Management and Organization, 40(1), 20-39.
- Song, J., Huang, G., Peng, Z., Law, K. S., Wong, C.S., & Cheng Z. (2009). Differential Effects of General Mental Ability and Emotional Intelligence on Academic Performance and Social Interactions. Intelligence, 38(1), 137-143.
- Wong, C., Law, K. S., & Huang, G. (2008). On the Importance of Conducting Construct Level Analysis for Multidimensional Constructs in Theory Development and Testing. Journal of Management, 34(4), 744-764.
- Law, K. S., Wong, C., Huang, G., & Li, X. (2007). The Effects of Emotional Intelligence on Job Performance and Life Satisfaction for the Research and Development Scientists in China. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 25, 51-69.