Department of Management
Dr. Erica Xu 許寒華 博士
Associate Professor, Department of Management
Leadership, interpersonal dynamics, Power, Prosocial and antisocial behaviors, and Gender issues
- Lu, F., Huang, X., Xu, H., Chung, C., & He, X. (2022). Instrumental love: Political marriage and family firm growth. Management and Organization Review, 18(2), 279-318.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Robinson, S., & Ouyang, K. (2022). Loving or loathing? A power-dependency explanation for narcissists' social acceptance in the workplace. Journal of Organizational Behavior.
- Tang, Y., Xu, E., Huang, X., & Pu, X. (in press). When can display of authenticity at work facilitate coworker interactions? The moderating effect of perception of organizational politics. Human Relations.
- Huang, X., Chen, L., Xu, E., Lu, F., & Tam, K. (2020). Shadow of the prince: Parentincumbents' coercive control over child-successors in family organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly, 65(3), 710-750.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Ouyang, K., Liu, W., & Hu, S. (2020). Tactics of speaking up: The roles of issue importance, perceived managerial openness, and managers' positive mood. Human Resource Management, 59(3), 255-269.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Jia, R., Xu, J., Liu, W., Graham, L., & Snape, E. (2020). The 'Evil Pleasure': Abusive Supervision and Third-Party Observers' Malicious Reactions Toward Victims. Organization Science, 31(5), 1053-1312.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., Bond, Michael H., & Xu, E. (2019). Committing to work at the expense of other life pursuits: The consequence of individuals' relative centrality of work (RCW) across job types and nations differing in performance orientation. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 50(7), 848-869.
- Ouyang, K., Xu, E., Huang, X., Liu, W., & Tang, Y. (2018). Reaching the limits of reciprocity in favor exchange: The effects of generous, stingy, and matched favor giving on social status. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(6), 614-630.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Huang, L., & Liu, W. (2018). Nonlinear consequences of promotive and prohibitive voice for managers' responses: The roles of voice frequency and LMX. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(10), 1101-1120.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2017). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2281-2302.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Chiu, W., Lam, Catherine K., & Farh, J. (2015). When authoritarian leaders outperform transformational leaders: Firm performance in a harsh economic environment. Academy of Management Discoveries, 1(2), 180-200.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Lam, C. K., & Miao, Q. (2012). Abusive supervision and work behaviors: The mediating role of LMX. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33(4), 531-543.