Department of Management
Professor, Department of Management
Programme Director, Research Postgraduate (MPhil & PhD); Associate Director, CHRSD
M.A. Lancaster, PhD Groningen
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Walter, F., Lam, Catherine K., van der Vegt, Gerben S., Huang, X., & Miao, Q. (2015). Abusive supervision and subordinate performance: Instrumentality considerations in the emergence and consequences of abusive supervision. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(4), 1056-1072.
- Chen, L., Hsieh, J., van de Vliert, E., & Huang, X. (2015). Cross-national differences in individual knowledge seeking patterns: A climate-economic contextualization. European Journal of Information Systems, 24(3), 314-336.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., & Bond, M. H. (2015). Culture and the working life: Predicting the relative centrality of work across life domains for employed persons. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 1-17.
- Liu, W., Tangirala, S., Lam, W., Chen, Z., Jia, R., Huang, X (2015). How and When Peer's Positive Mood Influences Employees' Voice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(3), 976 - 989.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Chan, Simon C.H. (in press). The threshold effect of participative leadership and the role of leader information sharing. Academy of Management Journal, 58(3), 836-855.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Chiu, W., Lam, Catherine K., & Farh, J. (2015). When authoritarian leaders outperform transformational leaders: Firm performance in harsh economic environments. Academy of Management Discoveries, 1(2), 180-200.
- Zhang, Y., Long, L., Wu, T., & Huang, X. (2015). When is pay for performance related to employee creativity in the Chinese context? The role of guanxi HRM practice, trust in management, and intrinsic motivation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(5), 698-719.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2015). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management.
- Liu, W., Tangriala, S., Lam, W., Chen, Z., Jia, R., Huang, X. (2015). Why and when peers' positive Mood influences team members' voice behavor. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(3), 976-989.
- Tjosvold, D., Chen, N., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2014). Developing cooperative teams to support individual performance and well-being in a call center in China. Group Decision and Negotiation, 23(2), 325-348.
- Huang, X., Hsieh, J., & He, W. (2014). Expertise dissimilarity and creativity: The Contingent roles of tacit and explicit knowledge sharing. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(5), 816-830.
- Miao, Q., Newman, A., & Huang, X. (2014). The impact of participative leadership on job performance and organizational citizenship behavior: Distinguishing between the mediating effects of affective and cognitive trust. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(20), 2796-2810.
- Chen, N., Tjosvold, D., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2013). Inside the Leader Relationship: Constructive Controversy for Team Effectiveness in China. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43(9), 1827-1837.
- Chan, Simon C.H., Huang, X., Snape, E., & Lam, Catherine K. (2013). The Janus face of paternalistic leaders: Authoritarianism, benevolence, subordinates' organization-based self-esteem, and performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34(1), 108-128.
- Tse, H., Lam, Catherine K., Lawrence, Sandra A., & Huang, X. (2013). When my supervisor dislike you more than me: The effect of dissimilarity in leader-member exchange on coworkers' interpersonal emotion and perceived help. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98(6), 974-998.